Hiring Perky People!
Click to view details on the following open positions:
Click to download application.
Send application and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and "Application" in the Subject.
Classification: Part-time/Full-time opportunity. Hourly
Position Reports to: Manager and Owner
Position Summary: The Barista is the foundation of the establishment. The Barista is responsible for honoring each and every customer by providing excellent customer service. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium organic coffee and teas. The Barista is a true professional that fulfills any additional duties the Store Manager or Owner assigns. He/she displays a positive attitude at all times to ensure the return of our customers who are the reason for our business.
Essential Responsibilities of a Barista:
· Customer Service
· Greets all customers with a friendly smile.
· Honors customers by providing quick, friendly, and personal service.
· Initiatives dialogue and develops rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
· Generates customer satisfaction; responds appropriately to customer concerns.
· Communicates customer complaints/concerns to manager on duty.
· Accurately processes transactions through the POS and counts back change to customers.
· Answers the café telephone in a friendly manner using a professional greeting.
· Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
· Maintains the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
· Adheres to Third Perk recipes and measurements.
· Produces superior product presentation.
· Educates customers on Third Perk products and services.
· Provides top quality espresso shots for hot and cold beverages.
· Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
· Communications with coworkers & management to solve problems and improve quality & service.
· Maintains continuous communication with other staff functions (bar, register, maintenance) during peak business times.
· Work with coworkers and management to effectively implement change.
· Contributes to a positive work environment.
· Assists in the opening and/or closing of the café. A checklist will be provided.
· Makes effort to improve job skills, knowledge and education.
· Takes ownership of processes and quality improvements.
· Initiates suggestive selling and sampling of products.
· Does what needs to be done without being asked.
· Contributes to the profitability of the café by finding new methods of selling products.
· Take pride in work uniform and personal appearance and adhere to dress code.
· Respects their peers and supervisors by being on time for every shift and finding coverage for shifts they can’t work due to illness.
· Follows all cash management policies and procedures to ensure accountability of Company funds.
· Adheres to appropriate standards of behavior in the workplace.
Any other duties as assigned by Store Manager or Owner.
· Process information/merchandise through POS register system.
· Communicate verbally with staff members & guests.
· Read, count and write to complete all documentation .
· Handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Work successfully as part of a team, while under pressure.
· Freely access all areas of the store.
· Operate and use all equipment necessary for store operation.
· Move or handle merchandise generally weighing 0‐50 pounds.
· Work varied hours/days based on business needs.
· Work special events when needed.
· Maintain a positive morale and professional attitude.
· Work overtime, as needed.
· Stand, work, walk, talk and hear. Special assignments will be available for those with disabilities.
· Frequently use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
· Handle food and hot beverages.
Provide documentation that they are at least 16 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.